The Mother of God Perivlepta church had been erected in 1925 by the Byzantine emperor Andronik II Paleolog. The church represents beautiful and holy fullness, with beautiful structure and rich frescoe paintings. When the Turks converted the church St. Clement into a mosque, his remains were first moved to the small church of St. Clement, and later on to the church St. Bogorodica Perivlepta, after which people simply renamed the church into St. Clement. In the period after the conversion of the church St. Sofia into a mosque, the church St. Clement became the cathedral church of the Ohrid Archiepiscopate. In this church were enthroned the first chieftain of the Macedonian Orthodox Church the archbishop Dositej (1958) and the next tree chieftains (Angelarij, Gavril and Mihail). During the Third Clergy and Laity Assembly on July 19, 1967, in Ohrid, the Macedonian Orthodox Church was self-proclaimed as autocephalous.
The church has a cross-in-square plan and a dome.