The monastery is situated over 20km from Skopje, near Markova river in the village Sushica. It is named Markov because of the founders - Volkashin The King and his son Marko the king. It is built 1345.
The church has a shape of a write an cross built with stone and bricks. The monastery complex except church, has an old monastery, dining room, bell tower, mill etc.